Gaming and It’s Revolution
When we now says game, first thing comes in our mind is mobile games, or video games. People does knows other than video / mobile or PC games but very few remember what time they played last.
Revolution in technology also bring revolution in Gaming!
Games are an integral part of all societies. Like work and relationships, they are an expression of some basic part of the human nature. There will not be any single person who have not played any game!
Games likes Dice games, Tile games, Board games were part of human history as early as in 16th century. In 19th Century video games comes into picture which changed overall format of gaming.
In 1940 Edward U. Condon designs a computer for the Westinghouse display at the World’s Fair that plays the traditional game Nim in which players try to avoid picking up the last match. Tens of thousands of people play it, and the computer wins at least 90% of the games. In 1952, A. S. Douglass creates OXO (a game known as noughts and crosses in the United Kingdom and tic-tac-toe in the United States) on Cambridge’s EDSAC computer as part of his research on human-computer interactions.
In 1954, Programmers at New Mexico’s Los Alamos laboratories, the birthplace of the atomic bomb, develop the first blackjack program on an IBM-701 computer.
Video game fans go ape over Nintendo’s Donkey Kong, featuring a character that would become world-famous: Jumpman. Never heard of him? That’s because he’s better known as Mario—the name he took when his creator, Shigeru Miyamoto, makes him the star of a later game by Nintendo. That happened in 1981.
The video games industry experienced its first major growing pains in the early 1980s as publishing houses appeared, with many businesses surviving 20+ years, such as Electronic Arts—alongside fly-by-night operations that cheated the games’ developers. While some early 1980s games were simple clones of existing arcade titles, the relatively low publishing costs for personal computer games allowed for bold, unique games.
Now And Future
Over the past decade, there are lots of new things happened in gaming industry; now we have powerful consoles like PS4, XBox 720 etc; we have cool gadgets like Kinect which enable us to play hardcore game with ease and will maximum fun. Games are now more realistic and have natural movements which gives better feel for player.
Worth to mention, Mobile Gaming Industry is now bigger industry than any form of gaming industry. Here are few reasons which makes Mobile Gaming industry big and successful.
- Thousands of Apps Available in Market: Lots of developers are creating games and we see new games added every day to App Stores. This is mainly because 3 billion smart phone users are using there phone for playing games and so developers get handful money for there games. Successful games like Candy Crush makes millions of dollars!
- Variety of Games: As mobile is portable device and have good sensors like touch, accelerometer etc. which gives better options to developer and we see innovative games are coming up.
- Easy of playing: Playing mobile games is relatively easy and you can play while laying on your bed. This makes game playing relatively easy at any place and at any time!
- Multiplayer games: Even in mobile we can play multiplayer games with ease; and as internet is defacto on most of mobile devices there is no problem with connectivity!
- Even big games are available on Mobile: Mobile gaming does not mean small, casual games. We can have big games like FIFA available on mobile platforms.
Surely in near future we can see even more revolutions like, real 3D games using devices such as ‘Oculus Rift’. This will make gaming more interesting. So lets wait and hope for best!